In FY19, Georgia Tourism will introduce a completely revamped co-op program for our partners. This new program will shift the focus away from the RTAs, and instead focus our efforts on the individual tourism partners throughout the state. For FY19, a 1:1 monetary match will be available with a pre-determined limit and within pre-announced regulations, to both RTA and non-RTA tourism partners.
Elements of the new FY19 (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019) program:
- State-first media plan– the interactive and traditional agencies will work together to develop the state media plan first, and then develop the co-op plan to supplement, support and leverage the state plan
- Limited media offerings– a short list of media partners will be compiled based upon historical performance; our advertising agencies will negotiate the best available prices for tourism partners
- Theme-based advertising– print media partners will be required to develop theme-based special sections that will wrap partners’ ads in Georgia Tourism branding
- Monetary match– Georgia Tourism will provide up to $400,000 in 1:1 monetary match funds that will be offered to all Tourism partners on a first-come, first-served basis, pursuant to the following guidelines:
- $200,000 worth of match funds will be dedicated to print and public broadcast advertising; $200,000 worth of match funds will be dedicated to digital advertising
- RTAs can buy as partners, and can receive a maximum of $25,000 in match funds
- Individual tourism partners who have a listing on ExploreGeorgia.org can receive a maximum of $10,000 in match funds
- The only print ads eligible for the match will be those bought in the state’s theme-based special sections; print ads will direct consumers to ExploreGeorgia.org
- Tourism partners that purchase ads outside of the new match program will have the option to run their ad in the state’s print special section, or be placed elsewhere in the particular issue if they so choose
- The only digital ads eligible for the match will be those bought during the state’s months of flighting; digital ads will direct consumers to the appropriate partner page on ExploreGeorgia.org and consumers will have an option to link off of ExploreGeorgia.org to a partner’s site
- Media partners will direct bill partners that are participating in the new match program 50% of the eligible media buy, and will bill the remaining 50% directly to Georgia Tourism.
- Media partners will also be responsible for trafficking all participating partner ads (including regular co-op ads) to the appropriate agency-of-record
- Media partners will be responsible for ensuring that participating partners are meeting the Georgia Tourism mandated rules, regulations and guidelines that have been established for the new FY19 co-op program
Presented new co-op plan at RTA Leadership meeting during the 2017 Governor’s Conference on Tourism – Jekyll Island
Initial e-blast and Conference Call introducing program to all partners (See date, time, and call-in information below)
Media partner presentation as part of Tourism Day events (will be recorded and made available to tourism partners not present). Location and time TBD.
Start date for match requests. Forms to participate with the new match program will be available to all tourism partners.
Close date for match requests
NOTE: A set of rules, regulations, guidelines and best practices is currently being developed and will be available on MarketGeorgia.org for your reference in January, 2018. This must be adhered to by partners in order to be eligible to participate in the program.
The new Tourism co-op match program will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Forms will be provided to all tourism partners on March 1st, and once the match money has been allocated, partners will only be able to participate in the co-op program without a monetary match.